Are you excited to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but you don’t want that celebration to mean more trash? Look no further–here are five great tips for showing that special someone that you care, without putting a strain on your garbage can.
1. Send an e-card instead of using a paper card that will end up being thrown away or recycled.
2. Instead of cut flowers, bring home potted plants or herbs: They smell great, don’t need to be thrown away, and last a long time.
3. Give your Valentine a donation to a favorite cause or charity.
4. Buy some nice fruit, nuts, cheese, chocolate, or wine.
5. Give the gift of a “Honey-Do” list item–thoughtful, memorable, inexpensive, and trash-free!