ConsultingHelping Communities Understand All Options for Reducing Waste
There are many things communities can do to reduce waste. Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) programs can have the biggest impact, but other innovations exist to reduce food waste, remove textiles from the waste stream, manage hard-to-recycle materials, and more.
As experts on waste reduction and recycling, we’ve seen it all. We’ve learned what works…and what doesn’t. We’re also quite innovative when it comes to developing new waste reduction methods.
WasteZero provides consulting support on waste reduction and recycling to cities and towns, state agencies, and private organizations. We help our partners:
- Understand their waste situations, and get an understanding of what options are feasible for reducing waste and saving money
- Select or design innovative programs, specific to their goals
- Estimate the financial and environmental impacts
- Pilot new programs and assess the results
- Provide guidance and support for full-scale implementation
Answering the Tough Questions
Sometimes, we engage with communities that want to be as “green” as possible, so they’ve set challenging environmental goals. Other times, we work with communities that are facing serious financial problems, and who see opportunities to reduce their costs by cutting trash.
In either case, these communities have tough questions, and we help answer them:
- Given our situation, what are our best opportunities to reduce waste or increase diversion?
- What program design or approach will be most appropriate?
- What would be the costs, benefits, and return on investment?
- What would the environmental impact be?
- What will residents think?
- How can we make sure residents have all the facts?
- What is the pathway for getting a program approved?
- How long will it take?
From Analysis to Implementation
WasteZero is absolutely unique. We are the only firm in the US that can provide comprehensive support from start to finish. No other firm can do all of this:
- Analyze a city’s (or state’s) waste situation
- Design the optimum waste reduction program (or integrated set of programs)
- Predict the financial and environmental results, enabling city leaders to move forward with confidence
- Educate city staff and elected officials about the proposed program(s)
- Develop and implement pilot programs (if desired)
- Implement a public outreach program to effectively engage with residents
- Implement full-scale waste reduction programs, once approved by the City Council
- Supply and manage waste reductions program on an ongoing basis
Whether you’re a mayor, city manager, director of public works, head of a state agency, or even head of the EPA, we can help you meet your goals.