Matt Maurer has spent the past 12 years building brands, partnering with retailers and driving growth through innovation on some of the largest and most trusted brands in consumer products. He believes that the combination of brand momentum and a disruptive approach to growth is what drives companies to not simply meet needs; but to create markets.
Maurer previously led the trash bag business unit, a $1B retail business that includes Hefty brands, Private Label and the Hefty EnergyBag® Program for Reynolds Consumer Products, Inc in Lake Forest, IL. Key accomplishments include:
- 20% topline growth and over delivery of annual EBITDA Targets
- Development and launch of an advertising campaign producing all-time high results
- Leadership of business specific M&A activity focused on disruptive innovation, sustainability and alternative business models.
- Management and expansion of the Hefty EnergyBag Program
Prior to leading the base business; Maurer led the innovation and growth strategies team for the Hefty Business Unit. He was responsible for:
- Leading the execution and implementation of a new business strategy, pricing architecture and brand re-launch for Hefty Trash Bags resulting in retail sales growth of +$150 million
- Identifying, developing and launching 12 new products across various segments in the trash bag category and driving incremental growth
- The creation and launch of the Hefty EnergyBag Program in collaboration with DOW and FirstStar Recycling.
Prior to leading the base business and driving the growth strategies for the Hefty Business Unit his experience includes:
- Manager of the Hefty Tableware Brands
- Senior Trade Marketing Manager
- Division Sales Manager for the Central US
- District Sales Manager for broker managed grocery accounts
Prior to his career with Hefty and Reynolds, Maurer held various sales, analytics and category management roles at SC Johnson.
Maurer earned a BA from Bowling Green State University and an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He currently serves on the Alumni Board of Directors and the College of Business Board of Advisors at Bowling Green State University.