YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE ORANGE BAGS FOR RECYCLING!
By January, 2014, all residents who choose curbside collection will receive, free of charge, a blue 95-gallon wheeled cart with an orange top. You may place all of your recyclable items neatly into these single stream recycling carts (no sorting necessary!) and then place the cart at the curb every other week.
Recycling will reduce your cost; the more you recycle, the less trash you have to put into the PAYT bags, and the more money you'll save.
The following is information about what may be placed in the recycling cart. Remember, the more you recycle, the more you save!
Here is a list of the items you can recycle, either at the transfer station or, as part of the curbside program, in the recycling cart:
In the cardboard category,
• Please, corrugated cardboard only
• Please flatten all boxes
• With pizza boxes, lids only (as long as they're not greasy)
In the newspaper category,
• All newspapers & inserts are accepted
In the mixed paper category, the following is accepted:
• Magazines & Catalogs
• Paperboard (cereal boxes, paper towel rolls, etc.)
• Soft cover books
• Office paper
• Shredded paper (in a paper bag)
• Junk mail
• Phone books
• Brown Bags
• Staples, paperclips, spirals, & plastic envelope windows are OK
• Please, no soiled or waxed-, foil or plastic-coated paper
In the commingled containers category, the following is accepted:
• Glass bottles and jars (any color, but please, no ceramics, window glass, light bulbs, or pyrex)
• Rigid plastics with all numbers from 1 to 7 in the triangle (no styrofoam or plastic bags)
• Steel, tin, and aluminum cans
• Cartons and juice boxes
• Clean aluminum pie plates, trays, and foil
• Please remember to rinse all commingled containers-and labels are OK