This article from the June 2014 issue of MSW Management magazine details the findings from a Public Policy Polling survey of 1,000 people in pay-as-you-throw communities, including the following:
- 79% have a favorable opinion of PAYT, with 52% reporting a very favorable opinion.
- 68% see the program as fair.
- 74% think it is not difficult to take part in PAYT.
- 89% said PAYT is performing better than or as well as they expected.
- 77% said they are either more likely to vote for leaders who brought in PAYT or that it does not make a difference in their vote.