For Public Sector CustomersHelping Communities Save Money and Cut Trash in Half
WasteZero partners with hundreds of cities, towns, counties, and state agencies across the nation to help them dramatically reduce residential trash while also saving their budgets.
WasteZero the only company that combines consulting expertise with the operational capability to fully implement and manage comprehensive waste reduction programs—helping communities go from analysis to results.
Consulting on Waste Reduction and Diversion
- Provides analytical and consulting expertise
- Offers experience with a broad array of waste reduction innovations, including all types of pay-as-you-throw (PAYT)
- Can assess a community’s situation, identify waste reduction alternatives, determine the best approach, and predict the results
- Designs waste reduction programs specific to a partner’s situation and needs, pilot and full-scale
- Offers communications, PR, and media relations expertise to help city leaders engage with residents to discuss waste reduction strategies
- Helps educate the community prior to program approval
- Maintains community relations post-approval and launch
- Full implementation planning for new waste reduction programs: deliverables, milestones, timelines, responsibilities
- Program supplies
- Comprehensive launch management and support
- Provides ongoing program management and customer service after launch
- Allows the community to save time and resources
We cut the trash in half by changing how people pay for it.
By switching from an antiquated “flat fee” approach to a more innovative, fairer pay-as-you-throw approach, we help cities and towns give their residents the incentive to cut waste and recycle. Our approach to PAYT is called WasteZero Trash Metering®, and it cuts waste by an average of 44%.
In addition, we can help communities identify, assess, and implement a wide range of waste reduction programs, including
- Curbside recycling
- Textiles recycling programs
- Organics and lawn waste programs
- Programs for hard-to-recycle materials
- And more…
We provide our partners with the expertise, supplies, support services, and financing to ensure that their programs are successful.
A History of Success
More than 95% of WasteZero waste reduction programs are still in place, some after more than 20 years.